Saturday, June 13, 2009

Oh yes, lots has happened lately. I've...

uh...

worked. And taken up running and eating loads and loads of flax seed and italian food. That's essentially it, really. I've also found several serious oddities my grandmother collected. Among the piles of ceramic rabbits and homemade witch dolls, I unearthed something truly bizzare. They are frogs:



...with human genitalia



I believe they are cuban from the 1940s. I have no idea what to make of them, except that I keep showing them to any guest that happens upon my house. For the most part, though, I have to keep them hush-hush. God knows I'll degenerate the youth of rich upper-east Indianapolis with my perverse sexfrogs and be run out of town with flaming pitchforks.

Oh well, I'm leaving soon anyway. That's right! Six days until my big NYC adventure. I'm thrilled. Aaah...the culture, the public transportation, the food...

Speaking of food, and as I've said earlier in this post, I have frequented several italian restaurants since being home for the summer. My favorites thus far have been Iaria's and Buca Di Beppo's. I think as far as food goes, Iaria's won. I cannot fathom how good their Chicken Drogato or Chicken Piccata was. I wish I could go bovine and have four stomachs just to consume their food. However, Buca's atmosphere, ceasar salad, and free cake helps to put it on a pedestal. That's right. Free cake. Justin took me about a week ago, and our waiter asked if we were celebrating anything. "Life," we answered. We asked if there was a "Celebrate Life" cake, and he said he could work something out.




I'm leaving you all with a few choice songs that really inspire a summer-y attitude in me. Enjoy them as I have.




Os Alquimistas Estao Chegando Os Alquimistas by Jorge Ben



Jessica by the Allman Brothers



Cet Air-La by France Gall



The World's Green Laughter by the B52s



He's a Bad Boy by Carole King

No comments: