Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mayhem. Sheer mayhem.

Hi guys.

Some strange stuff has happened in the past week. For one, I am no longer in New Jersey. The reasoning is long and personal and if you should know why I'm not there anymore you do. Maybe if you buy me some wine I will tell you. As a matter of fact, why don't you buy me some wine? Let's make a date of it. Hows that? Great. Currently, I'm in Westchester staying with a friend until I can move into a dorm in manhattan sometime this weekend.

It's going to take a while to find the adaptor for my camera so this is going to be a fun, cool entry with no pictures, lots of stories and one video. That last part will be towards the end.

Despite my Ipod being stolen (tears) and my recent uprooting, I am the happiest I've been in months. Two days ago I took a class in something called 'The Alexander Technique' and through a strange mixture of hand holding and posture alignment I managed to tap into a huge waterfall of endorphins which coursed through my entire body and caused me to break into a 35-minute fit of giggles. Since then, I've felt like quite a new person. My anxiety is slowly being replaced with a calm, warm confidence. I mean, sort of. Let's just say it's a vast improvement from the old, beat-myself-up mentality.

I want to talk about a moment today. A girl in my class who has been struggling with finding herself was asked to do a grotesque imitation of the way her body naturally carries itself. She slunk into a rather shy, pathetic posture. The teacher, who could be anywhere between 50 and 80 (your guess is as good as mine) and extremely russian, examined her. She had the girl retain her regular stance and asked the rest of us to crowd around her, watching her. The girl began looking around and then started teasing us and even flirting with some people. The teacher removed her black and white checkered glasses and said, "You see, you vant to be seen, darlink." If I could, I would store this moment in a locket and look back on it when I'm feeling blue.




No comments: